The Pistons successfully defended their title in 1990, despite losing Mahorn to the Minnesota Timberwolves in the expansion draft. After winning 59 games and a third straight division title, the Pistons cruised through the first two rounds of the playoffs before playing a tough Eastern Conference Finals series against Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, and the Chicago Bulls. Facing each other for the third straight season, the Pistons and Bulls split the first six games before the Pistons finished the series with a decisive 93–74 victory in Game 7. Advancing to their third consecutive NBA Finals, the Pistons faced the Portland Trail Blazers. After splitting the first two games at The Palace, the Pistons went to Portland, where they had not won a game since 1974, to play Games 3, 4 and 5. The Pistons summarily won all three games in Portland, becoming the first NBA team to sweep the middle three games on the road. The decisive game came down to the final second. Trailing 90–83 with two minutes remaining, the Pistons rallied to tie the game, then took a 92–90 lead when Vinnie Johnson sank a 15-foot jumper with 00. 7 seconds left in the game; this shot earned Johnson a new nickname in Detroit, "007", to go with his original, "The Microwave". Isiah Thomas was named NBA Finals MVP.
The Detroit Pistons franchise was founded as the Fort Wayne Zollner Pistons, a National Basketball League (NBL) team, playing in the gym of North Side High School in Fort Wayne, Indiana .  Owner Fred Zollner 's Zollner Corporation was a foundry that manufactured pistons , primarily for car, truck, and locomotive engines.  The Zollner Pistons were NBL champions in 1944 and 1945.  They also won the World Professional Basketball Tournament in 1944, 1945 and 1946. 
This is a list of seasons completed by the Detroit Pistons of the National Basketball Association . The franchise was founded in 1941 as the Fort Wayne Zollner Pistons in the National Basketball League and as the Fort Wayne Pistons joined the Basketball Association of America , which was the precursor to the NBA. However, the games won and lost in the NBL are not included in the franchise total.
Top 7 Foods to Lose Weight.
According to experts on nutrition, there are two types of foods that are good at helping you keep the weight off. These foods, which are fruits and vegetables, keep you full without being rich in calories. The reason why these foods keep you full for longer is that they’re rich in fiber. So if we consider fruits and vegetables as great weight loss foods, then fiber is the great weight loss nutrient.
Another nutrient that falls under this category is protein. Studies are continually showing that protein helps us curb our appetites. Protein also keeps us full for a longer time and also improves our metabolism. But remember to choose well regarding the protein you consume because as with any other kind of food, if you eat so much of it, you’ll end up gaining weight instead of losing.
These are great food choices that are sensible and low in calories. They will also help you lose more weight:
1. Green tea is one good weight loss choice. Researches say that what triggers the weight loss are the catechins found in green tea. These catechins are good phytochemicals that cause the body to burn more calories and to decrease a little of the body fat. You can enjoy green tea either hot or ice cold.
2. Soups that are broth-based or tomato-based are also good choices to have before meals because they make you less hungry and also easier to get full.
3. You will also do well by eating low-calories salads that are rich in greens. A low-calorie salad is something not filled with cheese, high-fat dressings, and croutons. These work to make you feel a lot fuller and will therefore cause you to eat less when the main course arrives. Choose the salad ingredient wisely because how much fiber it has will determine how insusceptible you will be to cravings for the rest of the day.
4. Yogurt is also another good addition. The intake of dairy products actually assists you to lose weight. A light yogurt will help you to remove hunger pangs because it has both carbohydrates and proteins.
5. Beans have a lot of protein and fiber that’s why they help keep you full. It curbs your appetite in between meals.
6. Finally, do not forget to eat whole grain cereal that is also rich in fiber. Whole grain cereals help to increase the fiber intake you get from a meal. One good way to boost up your intake of whole grain is to eat a bowl full of high-fiber whole grain cereal during breakfast or snack time.
7. Water is one of the best things you can take. Our body depends a lot on this so make sure you keep drinking it throughout the day. This beverage has no calories and you can also enjoy it as an unsweetened tea, a flavored but unsweetened mineral water, and you can also drink it regularly with just a lime or a lemon in it. Water is great for removing our toxins and it also keeps us full for longer. Whenever you feel hunger pangs coming, try to drink one glass of water before you reach for that snack.